In 2004, the management of the Landesarchiv has agreed on the following main objective:
As cultural competence center for the region, the archival administration sees to the protection, preservation and accessibility of archival collections as part of the cultural heritage and memory.
The targets derived from the main are the following:
1. Authentic records are made of documents from the judiciary and public authorities.
2. The records are protected permanently in terms of conservation.
3. The records are described.
4. The archives are used by the public.
5. The archival administration informs the public about the historical heritage of the Land and its regions.
More information can be found at: